Children are always bustling all day long around the house, during classroom activities, during their playtime, not to mention breakfast, lunch and supper. While brimming with energy, their rapidly growing body and brain require adequate nutrients for development.
What they consume is therefore of utmost importance since their attention span and analytical skills are directly dependent on it. Here are 7 amazing foods that can accelerate your child’s brain strength:
- Eggs – Eggs are rich in high-quality protein, iron, vitamins and minerals which helps children to focus.
- Greens – Include leafy green veggies in your kid’s diet to provide them with nutrients abundant in iron, calcium and antioxidants that help the formation of new brain cells.
- Fruits – Fruits contain antioxidants that fight the declination of mental skills and boosts the immune system. They should be offered fruits when they feel sluggish.
- Dairy products – To ensure brain health fat is an important component that can be provided through whole-fat dairy. It maintains the brain cells in good shape thereby improving communication between them.
- Fish – Cognitive development and memory-boosting are possible through the consumption of fish which is a good source of omega-3 fatty acid and vitamin D. It protects the brain and aids it to function effectively.
- Oatmeal – Brain arteries are kept clear by eating protein and fibre rich oatmeal, which also supplements memory power.
- Nut & Seeds – Uplift your child’s mood and improve their nervous system by giving them the goodness of nuts and seeds which are loaded with protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals.